Image courtesy of ABC
In other news, yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Please Welcome Your Judges. The end of "Season 1" occurs amidst some of the highest traffic the site has seen—and I can only hope it continues growing onwards and upwards from here. What started out as a way to share my thoughts about So You Think You Can Dance has now expanded to include weekly series (Magical Monday Moments, Trailer Tuesdays, Family Jules), reviews on several shows and the latest and greatest information on television, movies and pop culture.
So after 139 posts and over 12,000 visitors, let's take a look back at some of the highlights:
- So You Think You Can Dance, Season 6 - Top 20: The first post, which (full disclosure) was actually an email I sent out to my mother, boyfriend and three best friends. The viewership has increased slightly since.
- RuPaul's Drag U - New Series Coming in July: My most viewed post, although most come from Google Image searches.
- Project Runway, Season 7 - Finale, Pt. 2 and Reunion: My most viewed post with actual readers and one of my favorite posts from "Season 1."
- Greg Laswell - Take a Bow: My first music review (side note: seeing him in concert tonight for the fourth time this year)!
- "And The Oscar Goes To..." 2010 Academy Award Predictions: My first official attempt at award show predictions, which turned out to be mostly accurate.
- Sunday, October 31st, 2010: The busiest day on the site, with over 300 people visiting to read my review of the Project Runway Season 8 finale.
Many thanks to all of you loyal readers, especially those who leave comments and pass on the "gospel" of Please Welcome Your Judges. A HUGE thank you to my friends over at Blogging Project Runway for helping me reaching thousands of viewers every week. And, since I am fully versed in awards show etiquette, I'd like to thank my boyfriend and my parents, for without whom I wouldn't be blogging today.
Now on to Season 2...